3 DAYS FES TO MARRAKECH DESERT TOUR
Many of our clients staying in Fes and willing to travel to Marrakech fancy an overland trip through Morocco Sahara desert in a 3 or 4 days Fes to Marrakech. For that reason, we’ve tailored a Fes to Marrakech desert tour to accommodate your need to combine Fes and Marrakech with a Morocco desert tour.
Fes To Marrakech Desert Tour Highlights
• Visit the winter ski resort of Ifran and the Berber village of Azrou
• Cross the Middle Atlas Mountains with its cedar forests
• Drive along Ziz Valley
• Ride a camel in Erg Chebbi assisiting to a dramatic sunset scene
• Spend the night in a Berber desert camp in the middle of nowhere
• Walk in Tinghir oasis and visit the Gorges
• Drive along the road of 1001 Kasbahs and the Valley of the Roses
• Visit Skoura oasis
• Stop at Ourazate Kasbah Taourirt and the film studios
• Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
• Cross the High Atlas Mountains & its Tizi Ntichka pass
Day 1: Fes – Merzouga
After an early breakfast at your hotel or riad id Fez, your English speaking driver will pick you up as early as possible, 07h00 AM in winter time and 08h00 AM in summer (that will allow you enough driving time to catch the sunset in Erg Chebbi )
Your Fes to Marrakech desert tour will start crossing the plains of Saiss towards the Cedar forests of the Middle Atlas Mountains past Ifran and Azrou to Midelt, where you will stop for lunch. Carry on crossing Ziz River driving past thousands of sky-scraping palm trees and fortified Kasbahs to Erfoud, then to Merzouga and Erg Chebbi, where your camel caravan will be waiting for you to ride your camels like nomads to watch the color-changing sunset over Erg Chebbi sand dunes.
Drive your camel back to your Sahara desert camp to freshen up before getting ready for your dinner under the stars while entertained by the local nomads playing their drums. Overnight at your Sahara desert camp
Day 2: Merzouga – Dades
Today The Drive Will Feature One Beautiful Scene After Another Including The Stunning Oasis Of Tinghir Where You Will Be Able To Take A Walk Along Todgha River Bank Visiting Berber Villages And Learning About The Life Style Of The Local Inhabitants Before You Visit The Magnificent Todgha Canyons And Have Lunch On The Spot.
In The Afternoon, Drive Along The Kasbah Road To Dades Valley Where You Will Have The Opportunity To Visit One Of The Fortified Kasbahs Before You Arrive To Your Boutique Guest House. Dinner And Overnight.
Day 3: Dades – Kabah Ait Ben Haddou – Marrakech
After breakfast, drive along the Valley of the Roses to Kalaa Mgouna where you will have the opportunity to visit one of the Rose water cooperatives and learn how the locals prepare rose scented perfumes based on distilled rose water.
We continue to Ouarzazate past Skoura oasis famous for its date palm trees, then to Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou where you will have lunch before a visit of the Kasbah, a UNESCO world heritage site, that has been used as a set for various Hollywood movies, fashion and commercial shooting.
The Kasbah is well preserved and consisted of various Kasbahs packed together and appear as a single unit.
In the afternoon, we begin our descent through the Atlas Mountains past Tizi Ntichka Pass passing by various Berber villages with houses built with stones and mud. You immediately notice that life here never changed centuries ago !! and most of the locals are shepherds.
We arrive Marrakech late afternoon and your driver will take you to your riad or hotel. End of your Fes to Marrakech desert tour.
• A/C modern vehicle driven by an English speaking driver
• Pick up from your Marrakech hotel / Riad
• Sunset camel ride
• Overnight at a Saharara desert camp in Erg Chebbi
• Dinner and breakfast
• Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your desert tour
• Sunrise camel ride
• Drop off at your Marrakech hotel.
• Lunches on the way
• Optional local guide in Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
• Personal expenses
Know Before You Go:
• Sun cream
• Jeans or trousers for the camel trekking
• Camera & phone chargers
• Warm clothes in winter season