MARRAKECH SHOPPING TOURExplore vibrant souks and artisans’ shops on guided, 3.5-hour medina shopping tour in Marrakech. Discover Morocco’s extraordinary handcrafts as you duck into carpets shops and clothing stores, meet silversmiths and shoemakers and practice your bartering in Arabic. Follow your guide through narrow alleys and back streets to undiscovered artists’ studios; watch craftsmen create patterned tiles or graceful pottery, browse richly-ornamented silver jewelry and take in the sights and sounds of an ancient trading city.
HIGHLIGHTS• Highlights 3.5-hour shopping trip through the souks and markets of Marrakech
• Follow a guide through the bustling medina and head straight to the souks that match your interests
• Visit little-known shopping areas that you’d be hard-pressed to find without a guide
• Meet local craftspeople, learn to haggle in Arabic and enjoy exclusive discounts on your purchases
• Finish with a refreshing cup of Moroccan tea in a local cafe Receive a shopping map detailing all the best shops in the area to visit at your leisure Small-group tour
•limited to 12 people ensures personal attention from the guide
Marrakech’s medina is famous for the quality of its souks, but with so many packed into a labyrinth of alleyways, navigating your way around can be overwhelming. At the start of your tour, your guide will ask you what kinds of shops you’d like to visit, so your route is tailored to your interests.
ITINERARYMeet your guide in the early afternoon in the vibrant Djemaa el-Fna district of central Marrakech. Then, set off on foot into the maze of souks to begin your tour. Follow your guide through the busy streets, and visit at least five different artisan stalls that match your preferences. Meet with the sellers and tradespeople, and learn about their family businesses. Your guide will also help you sharpen your bartering skills in Arabic to pick up bargains. Perhaps head to a local leather shop, where row upon row of colorful, hand-crafted slippers, bags and jackets are for sale. Or perhaps go to a silversmith specialising in silver and beadwork from all corners of Morocco. Alternatively, visit to a carpet seller and browse the magnificent selection of vibrant rugs and carpets on offer. Enjoy fixed-price shopping here, and a discount with your guide. Other shops and stalls to visit include a herbalist selling traditional argan oils alongside local herbs and spices; ladies’ fashion outlets selling high quality caftan and silk; a lamp shop with a range of stylish table and floor lamps; and home stores offering kitchen ware and furniture. As you follow your guide through the markets of the medina, stop off to visit street workshops where skilled craftspeople demonstrate their trades. Watch a master potter turn a lump of clay into a beautiful pot, or a tile maker at work. Finish your tour with a visit to a cafe in the Dar el-Bacha district, where a refreshing cup of Moroccan mint tea and local sweets await - the perfect way to recoup lost energy. Please note: Your tour includes free delivery of large items to your hotel or riad in Marrakech.
- Additional info Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Spoken languages (English, French and Spanish)
Cancelation policyFlexible: Cancel up to 3 Days in advance for a full refund
- Local guide
- Shopping map
- Shopping discounts
- Free delivery of large items to your hotel in Marrakech
- Moroccan afternoon tea
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Shipping costs of large items to your home country