3 DAYS MARRAKECH TO FES DESERT TRIP
Marrakech and Fes are the major cities everyone visiting Morocco can’t miss. Combining the Sahara desert with Fes and Marrakech will make your Morocco desert tour as rich as it can be. For that reason, and with increasing enquiries, we decided to suggest a Marrakech to Fes desert trip for you to take advantage of and combine the Sahara desert with the two amazing cities of Marrakech and Fes.
Marrakech to Fes desert tour highlights
• Cross the High Atlas Mountains driving past one Berber village after another
• Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou considered a world heritage site by the UNESCO
• Visit Ouarzazate and its Taourirte Kasbah
• Visit the oasis of Skoura
• Climb up to Dades canyons
• Drive along the Valley of the roses & the road of 1001 Kasbahs
• Walk in Todra oasis to Todra Gorges & visit a Berber village
• Ride a camel in Erg Chebbi
• Spend the night under the stars at your Sahara desert camp
• Drive along Ziz Valley and cross the Middle Atlas Mountains with its cedar forests to Fes
Day 1: Marrakech – Dades
Your Marrakech to Fes Morocco Desert Trip will depart from your hotel or riad at 07h30 AM to Kasbah AiT Ben Hadou through Tizi Ntichka pass and the high Atlas Mountains. Numerous stops will be made along the way. Visit the UNESCO world heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, which was also served as a set for various Hollywood blockbusters. We continue to Ouarzazate and visit Kasbah Taourirte before lunch ( At leisure ). In the afternoon, we drive to Boumalne Dades via the Valley of the Roses before we reach our boutique guest house located in Dades Valley. Dinner and overnight
Day 2: Dades – Merzouga
After breakfast, today’s journey will start by driving along the road of 1001 Kasbahs to Tinghir oasis. You will be enjoying the amazing scenery along the way of the remaining of fortified villages that were hosting the caravan roads until early 2Oth century. Upon arrival at Tinghir, which was a military post during the French occupation, we will deviate into a secondary road to the oasis. Feel free to walk next to the stream and watch the locals farming and herding their cattle. You walk will end at one of the magnificent scenes of your tour: Todgha Gorges. After lunch at one of the local cafés, we continue to Rissani, which is one of the holiest towns in Morocco as the actual dynasty ruling Morocco ‘’ The Alaouites ‘’ is originated here, and its founder is buried locally. Rissani is also famous as a starting point of the ancient caravan roads crossing the Sahara desert all the way to Tomboctou. From here, we will cross some rocky terrain all the way to Merzouga, where our camel caravan will be waiting for us. Enjoy a camel ride over Erg Chebbi dunes to watch an amazing sunset, before we return to our Sahara desert camp, nestled in the middle of nowhere. Enjoy dinner under the stars while entertained by our local nomads hosts playing their drums all night.
Day 3: Merzouga – Fes
After breakfast at your camp, we depart on a long drive to Fes crossing the Ziz Vlley through Errachidia which is the capital of Tafilalt region, and we continue to Midelt where we will have lunch at leisure before we keep driving across the Middle Atlas Mountians with its Cedar Forests and Berber towns of Imouzzar and Ifran. We arrive at Fes late in the afternoon.
Your Marrakech to Fes desert tour will end with a drop off at your Fes riad or hotel of your choice.
• A/C modern vehicle driven by an English speaking driver
• Pick up from your Marrakech hotel / Riad
• Sunset camel ride
• Overnight at a Saharara desert camp in Zagora
• Dinner and breakfast
• Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your fez desert tour
• Sunrise camel ride
• Drop off at your Marrakech hotel.
• Lunches on the way
• Optional local guide in Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
• Personal expenses
Know Before You Go:
• Sun cream
• Jeans or trousers for the camel trekking
• Camera & phone chargers
• Warm clothes in winter season