3 DAYS MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA TOUR ITINERARYThis 3 days desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga has been our best seller for years. It is the best desert trip from Marrakech that will allow you discover the real Morocco Sahara desert with its sand dunes, oases, Kasbahs and rocky desert at ease, enjoy a camel trekking activity in sand dunes and an overnight sleep in your Sahara desert camp in the middle of nowhere!
Merzouga Desert Tour Highlights• Drive across the High Atlas Mountains
• Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, considered a world heritage site by the UNESCO
• Climb up to Dades canyons
• Drive along the Valley of the roses, and the road of 1001 Kasbahs
• Walk in Todra oasis next to the stream, and visit a Berber village
• Join your camel caravan for a camel trek in Erg Chebbi to your desert camp while assisting to a dramatic color-changing sunset
• Sleep under the stars at your desert camp
• Visit Ouarzazate with its film studios
Day 1 Marrakech – Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou – Boumalne Dades
This 3 days desert trip-of-a-lifetime from Marrakesh to Merzouga will start in the early hours of the morning. We’ll leave Marrakesh at 7:30am and travel via Tizi-n-Tichka Pass through the High Atlas Mountains, stopping along the way wherever and whenever necessary. We know you’ll be fascinated by the UNESCO World Heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddow, the scene of many Hollywood blockbuster movies, and we’ll visit Kasbah Taourirt, then carry on to Ourzazate. We’ll continue on through the Valley of Roses to Boumalne Dades, and arrive at our boutique guest house in Dade’s Valley. You’ll have an enjoyable evening meal and comfortable overnight accommodation, prior to departing for day two of our desert tour.
Day 2 Boumalne Dades – Tinghir - Merzouga
Following a leisurely breakfast, we’ll continue on with our journey to Tinghir via the 1001 Kasbah road, and it’s here that you’ll enjoy a leisurely stroll along the bank of the Todgha River. We’ll call in to Berber villages and Ksours, and complete our trek admiring the magnificent cliffs of Todgha Gorge. After a leisurely lunch in the gorge we’ll head off to Merzouga. At Erg Chebbi we’ll meet with our camel caravan where the road ends, and begin our camel trek over the sand dunes where you’ll experience what we believe will be the most amazing sunset of your life! We’ll then return to our Sahara Desert camp to rest, and you’ll dine as our guests under the stars. Your Moroccan dinner will be served next to the camp fire while local nomads entertain you with the music of their drums. Shooting stars and a crystal-clear constellation will complete a picture-perfect day. You’ll enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at our secluded Sahara Desert camp, and start planning for day three of our Sahara Desert tour.
DAY 3 Merzouga – Marrakech
On our return trip to Marrakech we’ll travel via Dade’s Valley in Ouarzazate where we’ll enjoy a leisurely lunch, then continue on back to Marrakesh via Tizi-n-Tichka Pass. Your 3-day desert tour from Marrakesh to Merzouga will be over when your driver takes you to your hotel or riad.
- A/C modern vehicle driven by an English speaking driver
- Pick up from your Marrakech hotel / Riad
- Sunset camel ride
- Overnight at a Saharara desert camp in Erg Chebbi
- Dinner and breakfast
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your desert tour
- Sunrise camel ride
- Drop off at your Marrakech hotel
- Lunches on the way
- Optional local guide in Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
- Personal expenses
Know before you go
- Sun cream
- Jeans or trousers for the camel trekking
- Camera & phone chargers
- Warm clothes in winter season